Thursday, February 20, 2020

SNOW FLURRIES ARE COMING! SNOW FLURRIES ARE COMING!

I didn't want you to think I was too excited, so I only used two exclamation points.  I know that snow flurries are not a big deal in a lot of places, but if you live in South Carolina and haven't seen snow fall in over two years-it's a big deal.

Right now the forecast is that they expect flurries very early tomorrow morning in Conway where the warehouse I work is.  Myrtle Beach looks like it's going to just miss it because it's going to be in the mid to high 30's in the morning.  I really do have a legit chance of seeing snow and I will take pictures.

It was only two weeks ago that I was delivering boxes to one of my customers when I told her I didn't mind the cold, but what I wanted was five minutes of flurries.  She was mortified and then looked straight up and said, "Dear Lord, please give this man what he wants, but only on him."  Everyone I've told this story to has laughed and I told her how funny people think it is.

Today, I could not help myself.  There's a chance of flurries and I had to drive right past my customer who made that prayer.  I had to thank her for making it happen.  I had nothing to deliver to her, but I went into her building anyway.  I could not get that silly grin off my face, because I knew she would be laughing when I told her.

I said, "I don't have anything for you today, but I have to thank you.  You know what's coming tomorrow-snow flurries."  She was laughing and said, "you are too happy."  She made another prayer and said that, "it should only fall on my house."  I told her that I would not tell anyone her name or where she worked, since some people might think she has a real connection.

All my life I have heard people say on a Friday, "TGIF", or "Thank God It's Friday."  I have never said it, because Friday never thrilled me. (my favorite day of course is Monday)  However, tomorrow is Friday and I am going to say it tomorrow- "TGIF", "Thank God It's Flurrying."  Of course, there may not be anyone around at 4 am to see the flurries, but I'll say it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment