Thursday, April 2, 2020

How Low Will Gas Prices Go?

I remember very clearly the first time I went to a gas station in South Carolina.  We had just arrived here a couple days after Christmas in 2017.  I paid $2.17 for gas and I was thrilled! For quite awhile I paid just under $2.20 and it was just hard to believe gas was that cheap here.

Eventually the prices went up some, but less than a year later they started dropping and dropping and dropping.  When they hit $1.74 I was literally pulling into stations when I didn't need gas.  I figured I'd get whatever I could before the prices went up again.

I never thought I would see prices get that low again. It was just one month ago that I was paying around $2.20 per gallon and it's hard to complain about that.  However, prices started dropping and dropping and dropping.

Today, most gas stations are between $1.70-$1.90, which is a big range.  However, I know of three gas stations near each other on the main road, Rt. 17 in Myrtle Beach, that are selling gas for $1.53! It dropped five cents from yesterday.  Will it go under $1.50?  It appears it will any day.  Could it hit $1.40 per gallon?

Of course, this is due to the virus, but it is hard to believe that you can buy gas for around $1.50 per gallon.  I'm driving less miles now and with gas being so cheap, it's really going to be amazing to see how little I've paid for gas this past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment