Sunday, April 5, 2020

What's Good About This Virus Crisis

Very simply, what we're going through today is horrific, tragic, devastating, awful, and worldwide.  I've mentioned before that my favorite quote of all time was by Napoleon Hill, an adviser to two Presidents of The United States.  He said, "Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit."

There have been a lot of good things that have come out of this crisis for me, but everyone is different and they will find good things in their own life.  Here is a list so far of good things I have found:

1. Each morning for the past two weeks on the Uber/Lyft Facebook site I have been posting a positive message for other drivers so they get some good news.  It's been good for me and for other drivers.  I end each of my posts by mentioning one good thing in my life due to this crisis.

2. On the Uber/Lyft site drivers are always complaining about riders who don't have car seats for their small children which is a safety hazzard-there won't be any comments about that for awhile.

3. I haven't bought gas on the weekend now in three weeks which is something I haven't done in close to two years.

4. My home office is now cleaner than it's been since we moved in and my wife is happy about that.

5. Finally, we put a bunch of things up on my home office walls and it looks great.

6. My wife and I have been doing serious cleaning an sanitizing of my car every weekend.

7. I get to spend two days back to back each weekend with the love of my life. (yes, my wife)

8. I have had two dentist appointments canceled, who wants to go back there?

9. The government is sending most of us money!

10. I learned why there was a flu shot-over 30,000 people die each year in this country from the flu.

11. My friend Gene, who drives a truck around the country, usually calls me on the weekend to talk.  It's very difficult to reach me since I usually have a rider in my car.  The last three weekends it has not been a problem.

12. Not working on the weekend makes me look forward to Monday more than I used to.

13. My wife has been painting up a storm, we now have a freshly painted porch, garage floor and part of the kitchen. She did a great job.

14. Our neighbor a couple doors down stopped by last weekend and insisted that my wife accept a $100 check since she is not working.  She had offered to drive him and his wife down to Charleston for a doctor appointment for no charge and he wanted to thank her for the offer.

15.  I just paid $1.51 for gas and it's still dropping!

16.  I have now not worked at all for four weekends this year after doing that only five times all last year.

17. There are a lot less cars on the road, so if you need to get somewhere, it is much easier.

18. I no longer have to get a customer to sign my phone for a delivery.  It's much easier and faster and safer too.

19. I've been able to give my wife a morning hug on each weekend morning, something I haven't been able to do for a long time.

20. I'm sleeping in on the weekend-until almost 6 am! I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment