Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Hiding The Tuna Fish

Let's face it, it's not a common thing to be hiding tuna fish, but I did it just for the fun of it.  I like to eat a small container of tuna for lunch once in awhile as a break from having a sandwich. I'll ask my wife to make me some tuna and she makes it for me. I would make the tuna, but she doesn't want me to since I make a mess.

It's been so long since I made tuna I'm not sure I remember how. I think you get it out of the can by peeling off the top or jabbing it with scissors or using a can opener.  You put it in a bowl and mix a glob of mayo in it and mush it up until it looks edible. Then you try to rinse out the can and have it dry off for recycling and the bowl you rinse off or you lick the bowl, either one.

She made two little containers and I used to eat them on back to back days, but she said she might eat the second one.  We were getting ready to go to sleep and I said, "what if you can't find the tuna, because I hid it?" She laughed and asked if I really thought she couldn't find something in the fridge. (I'm the one who always can't find things, sometimes because she hides them in the back)

The idea of hiding the little Tupperware-like container in the fridge was funny to me. This morning when I got up, I did remember the tuna.  The fridge was half empty, which didn't seem like a good test.  My wife had made blueberry bread and wrapped the small pieces up. I unwrapped one and wrapped up the tuna container and had it in the back.

I knew she would find it and of course she ate it. Now the fridge is full and I have to find something good to hide so she won't find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment