Monday, May 25, 2020

NO "ALL YOU CAN EAT" BUFFETS?

This virus thing has gone too far. Sickness, death, unemployment, businesses bankruptcy, people isolated from friends and family, sick people unable to get surgeries done, Republicans and Democrats agreeing on providing trillions of dollars of relief, but enough is enough.  How is it possible that there may not be any "All You Can Eat" places around for my 60th birthday!!!

Last year I had a plan. From March trough June I would lose 20 pounds.  In July, we would get to Disney World and meet our son there for a few days and I would enjoy eating some delicious turkey legs in the park. (and enjoy being there with my wife and son...also) Around my birthday in August our three children were going to visit together to celebrate and I wanted to go to several "All You Can Eat" places and see if I could eat 60 of my favorite foods.

So this virus thing starts, (from you know where), and I'm home for nine straight weekends with a refrigerator only a few steps away from me.  My courier work slows down and I don't burn off a few more pounds that I would have burned off. It is now five weeks from July 1, and I've lost only 9 pounds, the drumstick vacation in Florida is canceled, my children may or may not be able to visit, and THERE MAY BE NO "ALL YOU CAN EAT" PLACES!!!

I did hear that some places are doing it differently, serving you or you can order from the buffet, but it's not the same. The fun part is going up and down and up and down and piling the food all around. (yes, it rhymes)  I still remember the chicken and ribs I left on my third plate at Captain Georges Buffet!

Don't worry or lose any sleep about this, I'm make adjustments and I will have a contingency plan. What foods do I really need and how much of it do I want to eat for a week? Stay tuned, I'll let you know when I have it all set, but who would ever thought a year ago that we'd be talking about no "All You Can Eat" places? Am I the only one concerned about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment