Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Eating 9 Meals A Day

 Don't be alarmed, I am not doing it.  It does sound like fun, doesn't it? I have often heard that it's healthy to eat five small meals a day.  I probably haven't done that exactly, but I've eaten five or six times in a day.  A few snacks in between meals is pretty normal for me and some of them are actually healthy! I usually have at least one big meal a day and I usually eat too much.

Would you believe there is someone eating 9 meals a day and he's healthy? NFL quarterback, Russell Wilson eats about 5,000 calories a day so he can lose weight! This sounds like a great plan to lose weight, until you read what he's eating. You also have to have 3-4 hours of intensive workouts.  He eats almonds three times a day which automatically disqualifies me, I can't stand the smell of nuts.  However, he does eat chicken three times a day(5 chicken breasts) and that would be great for me. He eats fruits and vegetables and steak or fish in addition to 6 whole eggs in the morning.  

I'm hungry just writing this down.  If I was eating nine meals a day, what would I eat?  Here's a sample menu:

5 am: Start the day off with one of my favorites-cranberry bread.  Below is a sample of my first meal and I would not eat the whole thing, just a healthy slice.


7 am: Get some dairy and chocolate with my favorite cereal-Cocoa Krispies and some orange juice.(in a glass not in the cereal of course)

9 am: A peach or apple, something healthy.

11 am: A big salad with chicken thrown on top.  And, one more piece of cranberry bread.

1 pm: A couple chicken drumsticks to start the afternoon off.

3 pm: One small pint of Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream since I've been eating healthy all day.

5 pm:  One whole chicken with some corn and mashed potatoes.

7 pm:  Two fudgesicles or ice pops to start to wind down the day.

9 pm:  One more piece of cranberry bread to end the day.

That doesn't seem too crazy does it? It's 8 am, time for my second meal.  I think I'll have some cranberry bread, mmmm.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment