Thursday, October 21, 2021

Update on My Orange Car

 Decisions, decisions, decisions, we all have them.  Some of them are easy and some of them are not. Six months ago, I went to the Ford dealership in town to buy a 2021 Ford Transit Passenger van.  My 2018 Transit van had over 200,000 miles as an Uber vehicle and two years as a courier vehicle. I figured at best I had a couple months left, but I knew it was time for a new one.

The plan was to get the 2021 van pictured below.  I had to order a car for the first time in my life and I wanted it to be orange.  Having lost my Dad a month earlier, I wanted the car to be a tribute to him.  His favorite color was orange and although he never would have bought an orange car, I knew he would have loved it.  In addition to that, my business name is The Sunshine Man and an orange car was a perfect fit.  My riders love the grey Transit I have now and I knew an orange car would be even better.

When I went to place the order, it would not go through.  I was told they were not accepting 2021 orders anymore in April and it would have to be a 2022.  The earliest I could expect the car would be August/September.  I would be notified they were making it when the time came.  Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, that moment has not come yet.  Although they have made other Transits, mine is not scheduled to be built yet.

I made two columns examining the choices I had.  I could get a grey 2022 Transit similar in color to the one I have now. I could put two, thin orange stripes on both sides of the car and it would look nice.  The second option is to wait for the orange car which will be at least 3 or 4 months longer or maybe 6 months. It came down to what I would drive when my current Transit could not be driven anymore.  I decided that I would rather drive my wife's older Mazda for a couple months and wait for the orange Transit.  The Mazda won't be as comfortable, but I think every time I get in this orange Transit I'm going to be grinning from ear to ear and I know my riders will enjoy it too.

I'm hoping for March, but we'll have to see when I can get it.









No comments:

Post a Comment