Saturday, February 26, 2022

My First Dog Dream

It was bound to happen sooner or later.  We've had a dog now for over a year, but I just woke up from my first dog dream. Our dog wasn't in it and it's not his fault.  It was the dog park we went to yesterday. I've been to a couple before, but this was a big one.  It wasn't mobbed, but there was a lot of open space for small dogs and a big, open space for big dogs-two separate areas. One big dog had a frisbee in his mouth and he was not giving it up, despite the owner trying to pull it out of his mouth. Small dogs were charging towards me and running past, white, black, brown, one even from New Hampshire.

Keep in mind-that was not the dream or nightmare. As most dreams go, they don't make a lot of sense.  Here is goes: I was going door to door in some neighborhood raising money for a children's charity.  There was some young woman in charge and a large black "lab." The goal was to get people to put a tall brown bag on their front lawn which had some kind of insignia on it.  It was similar to a bag you put leaves in, but it was not as wide on top. Here's the best part-this couple agreed to have it on their lawn and we emptied change into the large bag.  I guess this was supposed to hold the bag in place, since wind does not exist in dreams? 

The young woman called in and said, "we got one," and we got in the car to leave.  I was not driving, but sitting in the back. The dog was in the front seat and probably very comfortable. That's when I woke up from my first dog dream. What does this dream mean? It means that it could have been a lot worse-I could have been in dog park with a lot of dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment