Thursday, February 17, 2022

When You're Full Of "It", What Does "It" Weigh?

We all know the expression, "you're full of it," although sometimes it comes out, "you're full of _ _ it." Being a number's guy is a blessing and a curse.  I'm always thinking in terms of numbers which leads me back to last week. The day before a colonoscopy you get to drink and drink a bunch of stuff that just empties you out. It was natural for me to wonder, how much less will I weigh after being cleaned out?

I typically weigh myself first thing Monday morning, so I knew last Monday that my weight that day was really what I have been weighing.  Tuesday morning, I got on the scale and weighed in and found out I was three pounds less. I think it makes sense and I wasn't surprised with the results.

But, that gave me something else to think about. I had lunch on Tuesday and dinner and it was nothing special, just normal eating. Would I weigh the same Wednesday morning or would I weigh less than I did Monday morning before being cleaned out? The answer was, I gained two pounds back, which is close enough to three to be insignificant.

What did I learn from this experience? Not a whole lot, but I did think of something else. I'm not doing this again for five more years. When I'm five years older, will I have the same weight results? Does the results vary depending on a person's weight or age?

Aren't you glad you're not a number's person? I wonder how many people are?




No comments:

Post a Comment