Thursday, August 4, 2022

Can You Eat Cereal From a Plate?

I am back from vacation just a few hours ago and I had to get this blog out to prepare you.  I think August might be the best blogging I have ever done.  I have some great vacation pictures, unusual pictures, and interesting stories.  My wife and I have a dog, Odin, who will of course be featured in some blogs this month also. On top of that, I am having a birthday this month and our 39th Wedding Anniversary also.  And, if that's not enough, at the end of the month, I will be writing about people I have not met yet and my gut feeling is that there will be at least one unbelievable story.

Let me get the month rolling with a question that some of you must have asked yourself at one point in your life, "Can I eat cereal in a plate?" A few days ago when we were visiting our daughter in Colorado, I went to have some cereal and there were no clean bowls in the cabinet.  My daughter later told me that I could have take two steps to the right and opened the dishwasher and taken a clean bowl, but what fun would that have been? I was on vacation, why not use a plate?

Here are some suggestions for you if you decide to try this at home.

1. Do not pour the cereal onto the plate, you have to let the flakes drop slowly only a couple at a time.

2. You can try to build a pyramid of cereal, it may be easier on a plate than a bowl.

3.WARNING: Do not pour milk onto your cereal, you need to let the drops come down slowly. In a bowl I usually pour milk just in one corner and then eat all the cereal out of that corner. On a plate this would cause a flood.  Some people spread milk all across the cereal as you would with salad dressing. Others, may decide to drown their cereal and that is hard to do on a plate without causing a flood.

4. If you pour cereal slowly in the middle of a plate, it will expand and reach all corners of the plate effortlessly.

Here is the picture of my plate of cereal:



The cereal is Kellogg's Special K with strawberries.  This was only the second time I have eaten them and they are pretty good.  From above, you cannot really tell this is a plate, but it is.  It also looks like I had a lot of cereal on the plate, but I didn't.  If you're cutting back on eating cereal, you should use a plate which holds a lot less cereal.

Eating a plate of cereal can be tricky, you have no place to dig into. Here are some tips:

1. Use a spoon unless you feel like you have a better chance with a fork or chopsticks.

2. Take your other hand and hold onto the plate, otherwise, the flood is coming.

3. The true test is the last flakes of cereal.  Have patience as you push them through the milk and somehow onto your spoon.

The goal within an hour is to wind up with a plate looking like this:



Slurping a plate with the last drops of milk is not a good idea. If you take your time, you should be able to get most of the milk off your plate.  This is where a spoon is definitely preferable to a fork or chopsticks.

I hope each morning you go to have some cereal, you ask yourself this question: bowl or plate today? What a great way to start your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment