Monday, August 15, 2022

Chick-fil-A Only Sells Chicken? Really?

Sometimes my wife is surprised when I don't know something that most people do and sometimes I'm surprised that most people know something I didn't know. However, I admit, this one is ridiculous. If you've been reading my blogs, one of the consistent themes throughout is that I love chicken and it's my favorite food. I have literally had a number of rides with strangers where we "talked chicken."

It would be an easy conclusion that I love to eat at Chick-fil-A, doesn't everyone? Before this past year of traveling I had probably only eaten at Chick-fil-A a couple times and it was good, but it wasn't unforgettable. And their menu wasn't unforgettable and that leads to my important discovery when I was on vacation recently.

It all started with a sign. My wife was sleeping early in the morning and I saw the Chick-fil-A sign that said, "All Roads Lead To Chicken." (Spelled correctly)  I laughed at the sign, because I was thinking: wouldn't that be great if any road you went on led you to chicken? I understand the meaning of the sign and it's clever, but I was driving on a lot of roads and I had been eating more chicken than normal.  The sign below was not the sign I saw, I was driving at 70 miles per hour.


A few hours later we had to stop somewhere and my wife picked Chick-fil-A. It might have been the third time on the trip. Since I had had a lot of chicken I figured I'd get something different and that's when my wife said, "They only sell chicken?" At first I thought she was kidding, but she wasn't. I figured like Burger King, McDonalds and Wendys, there were some other options. I got my chicken sandwich, but I still could not get over the fact that they only sell chicken.

I asked Mr. Google and this is what I found: "Chick-fil-A doesn't sell hamburgers because they would stop being known for being the best at the one thing they are known for: chicken sandwiches." Logically, I don't buy that at all. McDonalds is still known for their burgers, but they have other options. Chick-fil-A actually started in 1967 in Atlanta when I was 7 years old. I think their advertising has a way to go if I can see it for 55 years and not know that they only sell chicken!

S,. Truett Cathy was the founder of Chick-fil-A and his first restaurant started in Georgia in 1946 and it was called, The Dwarf House. There are still 12 of those restaurants around and they specialized in hamburgers and steak. (At least he started with the right idea)

The "A" at the end of Chick-fil-A stands for "Grade A", if you didn't know. If you thought I had a problem with loving chicken, what about all these people in line at the Chick-fil-A drive-thru window? They are all waiting just for chicken! I could understand it if it was chicken parmesan, or barbecue chicken, or fried chicken, or... You get the picture, I finally learned a valuable lesson- Chick-fil-A sells only chicken. Maybe one day there will be a sign that says, "YES-WE ONLY SELL CHICKEN".

No comments:

Post a Comment