Thursday, August 25, 2022

I'm Still Having Trouble Spending Cash

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm not getting any better at this. Last weekend after I told a rider I would make an extra stop for them, she said, "We'll give you some extra cash." I was just being honest and I told her that I have difficulty spending cash these days.  I was surprised and grateful when she handed me $20, but I was worried also, how am I going to spend it?

I feel better today, because my wife and I went out to dinner to celebrate our upcoming 39th anniversary on Sunday and I paid cash. I was a little nervous that they wouldn't take it, you never know these days. Just so you know, I really did spend $80 and here's the proof below.  You'll notice I just spread the bills out, they did not have to be all right side up or facing the same direction-that's just me.


It's not always easy.  Just a couple days ago I went into a convenience store to buy a Slurpee. It was $1.69 and I had two dollars, but I didn't spend it. When the cashier scanned it, it came up that it was on sale and she gave me $1 back. I left shaking my head.

We did spend cash on our trip in Colorado, but it wasn't easy there either. This problem I'm having is not a "southern" thing. I went out to pick up a pizza, but there was no street parking. I had to go into a large parking deck and I was thinking maybe someone would be in a booth and I could give them cash? No chance, not only wasn't there a person in a booth, there was no booth and it was a free parking lot! 

The biggest surprise was at Coors Field, the Colorado Rockies baseball stadium. I had cash and was ready to spend it, but the sign said outside the stadium, "No Cash Accepted." Do I need to go into therapy for this? There has to be others who are experiencing the same problem, maybe a support group for people who can't spend cash?



No comments:

Post a Comment