Sunday, August 14, 2022

Take Me Out To The Ballgame-Coors Field

I've been a baseball fan since I was five or six years old, or around 56 years. I still remember my Dad  taking me to Yankee Stadium for the first time.  Walking up the subway steps and finally seeing this massive building and then seeing the baseball diamond inside, is still unforgettable. I can't tell you who won that day, but my Dad used to take me once a year to see the Yankees play and I can still recite what happened on a number of those days.

When we planned our visit to Colorado I did check to see if the Colorado Rockies were going to be home during that time and they were.  I've only visited a couple other stadiums in my life, so this seemed like a good opportunity.  I've been to the old Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Camden Yards in Baltimore twice and the old Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.

There were five of us going to the game on a Sunday in Denver, my son and his fiancee, my youngest daughter and her boyfriend and myself.  It was a hot day, but we lucked out with seats at the very top of the stadium in the shade. Below are a couple pictures early in the day:




The Rockies were playing the Dodgers, one of the best teams in baseball. There were a couple home runs and some nice defensive plays, but the Dodgers won easily. As you can see it was a beautiful day and we had a great view of the ballpark and everything that happened during the game.  I walked around the stadium and got some other views.







Lastly, I took a picture of the waterfalls out in center field, a close up of the scoreboard, and a picture from the parking deck of the city of Denver.  We had a great time and yes, I did have a hot dog at the game. It was not Yankee Stadium, but it was a beautiful ballpark and a great experience.










No comments:

Post a Comment