Friday, April 28, 2023

PINBALL ANYONE?

One of the fun things I did in Florida is visit a the Retro Pub & Arcade in Delray Beach.  Pinball machines, video games, skee ball, and a number of other games which added up to 200 some things you could play on an hourly basis.  Pictured below is the front of the building and it was painted with bright and loud colors on all sides.  Also pictured below (Not from the arcade) is some skee ball lanes which is like bowling without pins.  My brother and I played a few games rolling a small bowling ball into the holes at the end to score points. Our three games ended in a draw, but it was a challenge.




While my brother played video games, I found two pinball games that were very similar to the two I played in college-40 plus years ago.  One of them was being repaired, but I enjoyed playing the other one and winning some games very quickly.  It was pretty amazing to see the variety of games, some that were way outdated and others that were extremely sophisticated.  I played one of the "newer" games and it had 3-4 balls going at the same time, which was fun.  However, some of these machines were pretty dark and hard to see.  We had a good time and I took some pictures of a bunch of machines so you could see the names of the machines and what they looked like a long, long time ago.

 











No comments:

Post a Comment