Saturday, April 1, 2023

Happy April Fools Day

I am active on two Uber/Lyft Facebook sites and drivers have very different opinions about things.  Below are seven comments made about me over the last couple years by drivers and then one negative comment about Uber/Lyft and one positive one.  I'll make some comments on each one:


1.  “Here’s another long-winded story to skip over. At least he’s not telling 850 people when and where to work this time.”  (Some people don't like when I post things, but I've never told anyone when and where to work, that is up to them)

2.  “Please stop the madness. This site is to inform people.  Go write a book so people can read it!”    (It's a very funny comment. Of course I am writing a book, but he's not really into reading)

3.   “You are an Uber worker bee.”  (Another funny comment from the same guy. Some people are not really into working either, but that's okay)

4.   Him: “You are my favorite human being on the planet.”  Me: “I’m pretty sure I am not in the top ten.”  Him: “You are one of my top ten people on the planet.”  (He got a little carried away with something I wrote and very quickly I went from number one to being in the top ten)

 5.  “Jeff Hoenig your ego is way too big. I don’t think your war and peace articles are comedic relief!!!”  (Same funny guy, this is probably the best one.  He thinks I post things for me on Facebook when they are really for everyone else.  The "war and peace" comment, I have no clue, but it's very funny)

6.  “Your comments make me seriously doubt you work ride-to-ride for pay. Someone pays you to shout down nay-sayers.  Do us all a favor and take a break from Facebook.  Get away from your desk and take some rides on the app.”  (This is a bright guy who thinks I just spend my time on Facebook, which is funny.  I give more rides than he does, but it doesn't matter) 

7. She: “Thank goodness for Jeff, the very example of optimism. Sometimes, I roll my eyes and others, I get it. You clearly are just an alright dude living a good life. I only wish to have some of this positivity as I continue to experience life, Cheers.  Also, you’re kind of weird, But, alas cheers.”  (Very nice comment in her own way she covers a number of topics. I can't help but laugh at the last line)

Two Uber and Lyft comments:

“Uber hates us. I cursed them out yesterday, but they don’t care. They’re stealing so much money from me it’s ridiculous. Uber is shit.  So is Lyft. One day I’ll create my own damn app and only keep enough to keep it going but my drivers will be VERY WELL PAID. And I’ll enforce tips because we work our asses off out here for a little bit of nothing.”    (This comments shows how angry and frustrated a driver can get, basically she's out of her mind.  Drivers have very different experiences, but it's not uncommon for drivers to be angry and frustrated and sometimes for good reasons)

“I love being my own boss, making more money than I ever did before, and having zero stress from not having to answer to anyone or have a schedule or time clock. I get to take vacation when I want and I am truly happy.”     (A full-time driver who is thrilled with what she does and she makes a lot of money. Only about 20% of drivers are full-time, but some of them do very, very well) 



No comments:

Post a Comment