Monday, May 22, 2023

The Wall Street Journal Called Me?




My dad worked for The Federal Reserve Bank in New York City in public information.  He used to give weekly press conferences to the media when the financial numbers came out each week.  He would have been amused to hear that I received a phone call today from a journalist with The Wall Street Journal.

The woman was doing an article on The Rideshare business and she has spoken many times with Sergio who has interviewed me twice on YouTube and writes articles as I do for The Rideshare Guy.  She asked him for a few names of drivers she could contact to ask about the rating system that Uber and Lyft has for drivers and riders.

I had a very nice half hour conversation with her and answered a few questions, although I'm not sure I was very helpful with my comments.  She is working on a "fun" article on how we rate things in society, but I'm not sure it's much of a fun topic.  I have read a few articles she's written and it will be interesting to see how creative she can be to make the topic fun.

She did ask if she could contact me in the future on topics and I of course agreed to that.  Does that make me a "source" for The Wall Street Journal? Who would have ever thought driving around some strangers could lead to YouTube and The Wall Street Journal? Maybe someday I'll get a call from The White House for advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment