Thursday, May 11, 2023

Things You Usually Don't See

This is my final blog about our trip to Florida and I have to include a picture from this weekend.  I was driving in Charleston and there was an accident on the Ravenel Bridge which separates Mt. Pleasant and downtown Charleston. I was in the middle of the bridge and looked up and saw some of the 128 cables on the bridge. It turned out to be a great picture, truly something that you don't see since you have to be right on the road to take this.


In Florida, we were in a gift shop and I spotted this game? I want to know where there is a truck selling hot chicken? They sell everything else, but a big drumstick like this would be perfect.


Speaking of trees, how about colorful trees that are lit up, have you ever looked straight up at them? These were at the country club where the rehearsal dinner and wedding took place.



Have you seen any coconuts in a tree lately?  This tree was near the beach.


We had a very good lunch at a New York deli.  This model of New York has probably been here for awhile. The World Trade Center towers have black ribbons around them near the top.


Recently I blogged about the opening of Yankee Stadium and that Fenway Park in Boston opened the week that the Titanic sank.  We had another lunch in a Boston pub that had a picture of Fenway Park on opening day in 1912 and a large wall mural of the outfield and "Green Monster" wall in Fenway Park today. I've never been to Fenway, but this looked very real.




No comments:

Post a Comment