Wednesday, July 12, 2023

"Surprise, Surprise, Surprise"

Back in 1964, the television show, "Gomer Pyle, USMC. was on and actor Jim Nabors played the lead role for five years.(In The Marine Corps)  He was first introduced on "The Andy Griffith Show", another popular show in the sixties.  His most famous line was, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise."  In the seventies, Holiday Inn used to have advertise their hotels by saying, "The Best Surprise is No Surprise."

Actually, the best surprise is when you can surprise someone you love or people in your family.  My wife and I did that two weeks ago when we showed up in Colorado and surprised our oldest daughter and husband who were visiting and our youngest daughter and her boyfriend.  Our son and daughter-in-law recently bought a house there and we stayed with them for a week before switching houses for last weekend our youngest daughter's house.

Our son wanted us to jump out of a closet to surprise them since he was surprised like that on a visit to Myrtle Beach a few years ago.  We just opened the front door and yelled surprise and they certainly were.

I hope you're ready for another group of vacation blogs.  Surprisingly, I only took a couple pictures of mountains this time.  Below is an incredible picture taken by my oldest daughter.  The picture below that I took of a different mountain near my youngest daughter's house.  I kind of like the car with the headlights coming towards me with the mountain in the background, but that's just me.




I don't want to give anything away, but I've got unusual pictures, stories you won't see anywhere else and of course, some food stories too over the next several weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment