Saturday, March 24, 2018

More Laughs From The Road

I have to include one good laugh from the warehouse from another driver, Dave who's from New England.  He's a New England Patriot and Boston Red Sox fan, so we will have some fun this summer with the baseball season.  It was getting warm loading boxes in the warehouse and I started taking off my jacket and Dave said, "I told you that you have to keep your clothes on, this isn't a strip joint." After I stopped laughing I said, "I never thought I'd hear someone say that to me."

This week I was delivering to a doctor's office and on my way out I saw a bathroom.  When I was done in there I opened the door to see a nurse standing in front of the door and she said, "Are you Ben?" I quickly replied, "No" and then I paused and said, "I'm leaving." She laughed, because it was perfect timing if I had actually thought about it.  It came out very naturally.

I was delivering to a bank yesterday and there were four people behind the counter with no customers.  I said, "I have a delivery for you." It must have been confusing to them, because no one was doing anything.  So I repeated, "I have a delivery for you."  The one guy behind the counter said, "Is it a delivery or Dijiourno?"(which is a reference to a pizza commercial)  I thought it was mildly amusing, but the best part was that one of the teller's giggled for a full minute while I stood there.  I thought she was going to have to excuse herself, because she thought it was so funny.  Her reaction was a lot funnier than the comment.

I was delivering this week to a chemical place and went into receiving and unloaded a couple of fifty pound paper boxes onto the ground.  I said to the receiver, "They need to make lighter paper."  He said, "I don't think that's going to happen, you just need to hit the gym again."(little did he know I've never hit a gym, only made deliveries there)  As we have found out in the South, people don't stop talking.  He continued with his advice, "it's the physical exercise that gets all the chemicals going that's what you need.  With all the fried foods down here it's easy to get lazy and fat and grow man-boobs-that's what happens." I thanked him for his advice and waited until I was outside to really laugh out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment