Sunday, January 6, 2019

Have You Ever Washed Your Car In The Dark?

Probably, not, but have you washed your car in the rain?  I was faced with both of these issues in the last two days and this is what happened:

After several days of rain this week and driving through several puddles, the outside of my car looked terrible.  On my way home Friday I had to get my car ready to driver for Uber/Lyft and I had to clean it up.  The rain had eased up some, but by the time I got home it was coming down heavy again.

Do I wash the car in the rain?   Can I wash it in my garage? I really considered both options, before I put it in my garage and tried to wipe off some of the dirt.  It worked some, but I figured the rain might wash off the rest of it.  That did not work very well, but it got me through Friday.

What about Saturday? I planned on a very early airport run for a rider before it was light out, when could I wash the car?  Once again I wiped off some dirt and made the airport run and then stopped at one of the self-cleaning car washes.  It only cost $1 for a couple minutes of soap and rinsing and once I finished, I was off driving again with a mostly clean car.

But what about Sunday?  Driving home from Charleston I arrived home around 8 pm and it was already dark of course.  I was leaving Sunday morning before it got light out, so I washed the car in my driveway.  We don't have much light on our street and there was no light coming from our neighbor's house, only some from our house.  I got the car washed in a short period of time.

The big question is, how did the car look when I was done?  I have no idea, I couldn't see anything.  I'll let you know about 7 am at daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment