Thursday, January 3, 2019

How Many Brands of Cheerios Are There?

At first I thought it was a southern thing and then I thought, could it be that I'm just getting older and have no idea what's going on? Nah, certainly not the second one.

Yesterday I took my mother-in-law shopping at Wal-Mart.  While I was there I figured I would get some cereal since I was running low.  How difficult could that be?  Most of it was easy, until I went to get the Cheerios.  I couldn't find the bright yellow box of Cheerios.  Instead, it seemed like there were many, many, many, other kinds of Cheerios.

I had never heard of most of them. Did they change the name and the box of the regular kind? Who is eating all these different brands of Cheerios? Why? What's wrong with the original? For one, everyone is obviously eating the original, because they were sold out.

So, I looked it up and this list is two years old and does not include Maple Cheerios which is NEW!  And it doesn't include the yummy Peanut Butter Cheerios, which was really on the shelf.  (Is that different than the Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter?) Below are fourteen kinds of Cheerios, but it's possible a couple do not exist anymore.

Cheerios
Honey Nut Cheerios
Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch
Multi Grain Cheerios
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
Banana Nut Cheerios
Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
Chocolate Cheerios
Dulce de Leche Cheerios
Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter
Multi Grain Cheerios Dark Chocolate Crunch
Frosted Cheerios
Fruity Cheerios
Yogurt Burst Cheerios



To be honest I don't know what some of these even mean, but people are eating them apparently.  I would like to recommend a few new brands of Cheerios that General Mills should work on.

Chicken Cheerios: Each cheerio would have a very tiny bone with a little bit of chicken on it.  You can break the Cheerio open and just eat around the bone.

Chocolate Cake Cheerios: Inside each Cheerio will be a different flavored chocolate icing that you eat with the milk before you eat the Cheerio.

Cottage Cheese Cheerio: It could be 1% or 2%, just a little bit inside the Cheerio. What a combination that would be!

Cole Slaw Cheerios: Just one strand of cole slaw for each Cheerio.

I could come up with more "C" Cheerio ideas, but I think you get the picture.  I just want regular Cheerios, does your store have any?


No comments:

Post a Comment