Sunday, January 27, 2019

What's It Really Like to Drive For Uber/Lyft?

You already know how much fun I'm having doing this and I am also making some money too.  However, I wanted to put you in the front seat of your car(unless you're 92 and don't have a car) and have you experience what it's really like being an Uber or Lyft driver.

This is not a job, but you can call it work. (it's the easiest work I've ever done)  You have no days or hours you need to work. You can work only mornings, or only afternoons, or just in the evenings, or only the weekends, or a different time every day or week.  You can take three straight days off or thirty or sixty days off or you can work every day.  You have no one to report too. You can earn $5 a day or $200 in a day.  As a Lyft driver you can work in any city or any state, with Uber you can work in any city in the state you're approved for.

So, get in your car right now if you want.  You can actually sit in your house and turn on the app and wait to be notified of a ride. Where do you go? Turn right or left when you pull out of your street or the main road near where you live.  The direction you choose will lead to your first ride.  Every day is different, because your destination when you get a ride is determined by where your rider wants to go.  When you drop the rider off, you pick a direction. (unless you immediately get another ride) You can plan your day the way you want it. How do you find your ride? Just the directions on the app, it will tell you exactly where to go.

Typically, you pick up different people every day.  They can be visiting the area or they could have lived there for forty years.  What do they do? Some people are retired, or in school, or they are working part-time.  Their full-time occupation could be something you've heard of or something completely knew to you.  The ride could be one mile long or one hundred miles long.  Most riders are friendly, but sometimes someone doesn't want to say more than two or three words.  You can earn a minimum of $3 for a ride or $100 plus depending on where you take your rider.  How many tips will you get, that depends on your service and your rider's generosity.

Obviously, this kind of work isn't for everyone since no occupation is.  Would it be something you would like to do? You never know, but now you know a little bit more about it.

Since I put you in your front seat, now I want to put you in my passenger seat to experience what a Sunday morning is like for me when I drive.  I wrote this song a couple months ago to original music as far as I know. I actually sing this song when I start my day and fortunately for you, you can't hear me singing it.


                         “Ubering On A Sunday Morn”
                      

It’s an early morning Sunday
As I drive with my windows down.
I’m searching for my first ride
Somewhere in this town.

The breeze is blowing quickly
Through my head of hair.
The sun is rising slowly
I can smell the ocean air.

It’s an early morning Sunday
As the joggers make their run.
So many people still sleeping,
Not me, I’m having fun.

Who needs to go to the airport
And leave this peaceful town?
Me, I’m driving in circles
Round and round and round.

The people that I talk to
They come from everywhere.
I learn a lot about life
From each and every fare.

The Egyptian priest from Indiana
And the small town mayor from PA.
I won’t forget the words,
I heard both of them say.

It’s an early morning Sunday.
And it’s another beautiful day,
I love driving for Uber

In Myrtle Beach today.

No comments:

Post a Comment