Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Southern Grits

It was way back on December 30th, 2017 when I wrote my 5th blog on grits.  I had tried grits in Pennsylvania just before moving down here to Myrtle Beach and I did not like them.  I said in that blog,

I'm ready for the challenge and someday soon I will come face to face with grits again and maybe things will end differently, but maybe not.  Grits may not be for everyone, but I'll give it another shot."

It took a little longer than I expected, but last week I came face to face with southern grits.  We went to a restaurant we hadn't been to(that's about 850 still to go) and I saw it on the menu.  To be fair it was the salmon that caught my eye.  The menu said it was on top of "cheesy grits" and cauliflower? (it was something like that which I don't eat)

I decided to roll the dice and give it a shot and believe it or not it was good!  I thought if it wasn't good the salmon would overwhelm the taste of the grits and cauliflower, but it was a good combination.  Will I start ordering grits now on a regular basis? No way, but if I go back to that restaurant, there's a good chance I will enjoy that salmon dish one more time.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm on my way to becoming a southerner!

No comments:

Post a Comment