Thursday, August 1, 2019

I'm Making Money On The Beatles?

In April 2020 it will be fifty years since the Beatles broke up as a band.  During this time there have been countless books, movies, television shows, new albums released, and endless other Beatle related merchandise and events.  There have been a lot of people who have made money on these things, especially the Beatles themselves.

I never imagined that I might make some money on the Beatles, but I think that's what's happening.  About four months ago my brother sent me a trailer online for a new movie coming out, "Yesterday."  Since it was about Beatle music and someone who discovered he was the only one in the world whoever heard of the Beatles, I was very excited about seeing it.

I started promoting the movie to some of my riders(including four British teenagers) and I had very enthusiastic responses from them. After seeing the movie a few weeks ago and loving it, I've been even more enthusiastic about the movie.  I've actually brought two couples to the movie theater and convinced them to see the movie.  I also have had two other couples invite me to see it with them.  Can you imagine having strangers invite you to go to the movies with them?

I believe I've gotten some better tips by talking about this movie and people really appreciated the recommendation.  I'm going to continue recommending the movie even when it's out of the theaters because it is so unique and such a fun movie to watch.  Granted, I'm not making much money on the Beatles, but this is almost like collecting on a bet for a Muhammed Ali fight from forty years ago.(which really is something I did a few years ago)

And, if you haven't seen the movie yet, go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment