Sunday, August 11, 2019

The Week of the Tires

How many bad tire stories can you have in a week?  Too many, is the best answer.  It started a week ago Friday when I noticed the little tire(wheel) on my old hand truck was wobbling a bit.  I mentioned it to my warehouse manager and he took out a hammer and hit it a few times and it was perfect.  Perfect until I used it at the next stop and the tire completely fell off.  I have no idea how this happened, but it was not good.  Bringing boxes into an office is easy, but when your hand truck has one wheel-it's not easy at all and you get a lot attention.  I delivered Friday afternoon mostly without a hand truck.

Monday morning I took a spare hand truck at the warehouse and started using it despite the fact that there wasn't a lot air in its tires.  It made it a little tougher to push, but I got it done.  Back at the warehouse, I switched to another hand truck which also had too little air in the tires.  No worry, though, soon one of the tires had a hole in it and I used that a little bit. It got a lot of attention also.

Monday afternoon I went for my scheduled oil change.  I asked them to check my two front tires since one of them was low on air last week.  I was afraid there might be a slow leak in one of them, but no worries-both of them had nails.  To make matters worse,they could not be repaired so I got two new tires.

Driving home, I realized that the low tire pressure light was on and it did not shut off as I returned home.  They must have not set something up right when they put the tires on, but I wasn't worried. There's no way it could be a problem with the other two tires and I never even checked them.

The bad tire week ended with my warehouse manager putting a new tire on my hand truck and the air pressure light in my car being fixed.  My car and my hand truck just keep on rolling along-this week has to be better at least for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment