Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Three Red Dots

I'm pretty sure that you've never read and will never read anything titled "three red dots," but here you are.  I believe I once wrote about the things you don't see that are there all the time and this is certainly one of them.

There are three red dots all over South Carolina and although I've been here for 20 months, I have never seen them.  There is a liquor store called ABC Liquor and some of their signs just have three big red dots.  Other signs have ABC in the red dots and some of their other signs have the red dots and liquor printed underneath them.

My wife educated me yesterday on this and I actually saw some red dots today.  It's not a surprise that I haven't been looking for a liquor store, but apparently people down here know what three red dots stand for.  Now, I'm part of the group and closer to becoming a southerner!

I did think of one thing though.  Now that I am seeing red dots all over when I never saw them before, how do I stop seeing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment