Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Happy Birthday Dad

Many times in my blogs I have referenced my readers who are over 90 and the truth is that I have only one reader over 90, my Dad.  Today, December 5th, is his birthday.  I won't tell you how old he is today, but at Thanksgiving he was 92 years old. (I know he just laughed at that and maybe one of my children)

My Dad will be slightly to mildly embarrassed reading something about himself,  but there's no need to be concerned Dad. There are only about a dozen people reading this and most of them are related to us.

I call my Dad 5-6 times a week and in five to ten minutes we cover all the important things in life: what the weather was that day in New Jersey and Myrtle Beach, if I had a long day, and of course we talk about the latest Knick and Giant loss.  Right now, he's thinking about what he's going to say when I call tonight, he might even say he read this post.

Dad, I didn't send you a card since I made you one that I gave you on Thanksgiving.  I made him cards for each holiday during the next year.  I saved on postage and buying a card and they look ridiculous.  The card I made wished him a Happy Birthday and it had 90 plus dashes on the paper and it said something like, "These 90 plus marks on the paper would look like candles if I could draw candles."

Happy Birthday Dad, I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment