Monday, March 30, 2020

My Favorite Rider Comments For March 2020

It was a very short month and I drove only three days, but this is what my riders said:

I asked the retired professional race car driver, "what's the best thing about being a race car driver?"  He said, "I survived."

Speaking on the phone he said, "she was hot, we had fun. I'm probably embarrassing myself in front of my Uber." Me sitting next to him: "No, I'm not listening."

Me: "You can sit in the front or the back." Rider: (choosing the back) "I want to be like Driving Miss Daisy."

Older female rider: "I still have a potty mouth."  The customer said to me in the hotel, "Why is that F'N door always locked."  "I said, "because the F'N door is supposed to be locked."

When asked how he was managing with the 70-30% ratio of women to men at The College of Charleston, my rider said, "I have five girlfriends, I'm doing the best I can to keep everyone happy.  This girl(showing me a picture) wouldn't give me the time of day at most schools, but here it's slim pickings."

One girl in her twenties said to another girl, "Did you see her ring? It's huge and it cost $30,000. Who would want to put a $30,000 ring on her finger?" The other girl replied softly, "I would."

"My rental car was stolen.  I left the keys in the car and the car unlocked."

"I only had five hours of sleep." Me: "I had less than that." Rider: "Yeah, but I had alcohol and sex."

"There's more to do in New Jersey than there is in the Charleston area."

(well known phrase) "God gives it's toughest battles to his strongest soldiers."

"The people in Washington D.C. are awful.  They are stuck in their own bubble and can't even discuss things they don't agree with."

"I decided to become a nurse after my Dad's heart attack.  I was impressed with the nurses who helped him."

Looking a my brochures of the area in the back car, my rider said, "Do you give tours also?"

Me: How are you handling the 70-30% women to men ratio at college?" Male Rider: "I'm taking full advantage of it."

"I don't make the best choices every day."

"My friend was from out of town and an attractive woman approached him and asked where he was staying and he said, "Tin-ton Falls."  He didn't know the pronunciation and he asked the woman where she was from and she replied, "Eat-ton-town."

(about the virus)  "It's like when they predict a blizzard, people go nuts.  With this it's a hundred times worse."

"I just came back from Alaska where I was helping a friend re-model his kitchen for the past two months.  It was ten below zero there, but we had a great time fishing, hunting, drinking-doing Alaskan-shit."

Me: "Are you in sales or management?" Rider: "I run the company." (well known company in mid-west)

(From New York)  "When I saw all the people out and in the restaurants yesterday, I thought it was irresponsible."

No comments:

Post a Comment