Thursday, March 26, 2020

THERE'S A RUN ON COCOA KRISPIES!

Not to make light of shortages, but I know that there are many people who are running short on paper goods, especially toilet paper.  I've actually been delivering toilet paper to some houses which I never thought I'd be doing. Delivering to hospitals and businesses makes a lot of sense, but to individual homes?

My favorite cereal is Cocoa Krispies and I knew I was running low. I was in two Wal-Marts that had cereal, but not my favorite cereal.  I could have bought Jolly Rancher cereal or Hershey's Kisses cereal, both I've never heard of before.  It reminds me of my favorite name for a cereal, Best Friends.  When we were vacationing in Hershey, PA many years ago, we saw that ridiculous name in a store.  Let's face it, if you're eating Best Friends for breakfast, you have a real problem.

Back to my Cocoa Krispies-I was down to about two bowls.  Do I start using smaller bowls to stretch it out? How many supermarkets do I visit to find them? Fortunately, I stopped at a Krogers supermarket today and I found that they had Cocoa Krispies-what a relief.

Last night we were taking a "social distancing" walk with our friends around the neighborhood and they said they were down to one hot dog.  I suggested they put a sign on their house, "We're down to one hot dog."  I thought it would be funny to see that and I would put a sign on our house when my wife wasn't looking of course that said, "I'm almost out of Cocoa Krispies!"

I'm good for at least a couple more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment