Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Put A Long Q-Tip Up Your Nose?

It's just a theory, but maybe one of the first things to go when you get "old" is your hearing.  These days, it doesn't help when people are talking to you and they are wearing a mask, how are you supposed to hear everything they say?

My wife wanted to get tested for the virus and I asked if she wanted me to go with her. She said she did and told me that they put a swab on your tongue, or something like that.  It sounded simple and painless, so I agreed to go.  Later on we were talking about something else and she suddenly said, "put a long Q-tip up your nose."

I had no idea what I did wrong, which is not unusual.  However, it sounded so odd and painful I had to ask her what she was talking about.  The procedure to get tested for the virus has nothing to do with a swab, but they stick a long Q-tip up your nose instead.  My enthusiasm for going dried up very quickly and it does not sound like something I want to do.

We didn't go that day for the test, but it may be another day. I'm not looking forward to it, but maybe they have some smaller ones for my ears?

No comments:

Post a Comment