Sunday, June 28, 2020

RIDER COMMENTS IN MAY AND JUNE

She had been in Myrtle Beach twenty years and I asked, "where are you from?" She said, "I'm from my mom." (Alcohol influenced answer)

"If I was an Uber driver now, I'd be killing it!"(maybe not the best choice of words?)

"I have a baked chicken and mashed potatoes in my purse for my brother. He sucks at cooking."

First guy: "I don't know why my finger hurts." Second guy: "You put it in my mouth at 4 am." First guy: "You bit my finger?"

"I got so distracted by our conversation I left my phone here."(in my car)

"When I called my fast food manager on the phone and told her that the doctor said I had a collapsed lung, she said, "are you going to be at work tomorrow?"

"I'm still trying to make my wife into what I want her to be."(married 10 years)

Him: "I'm going into work to make money and then they take it away for rent." Me: You do get something for the rent, right?" Him: "Sure, I don't have to live out in the woods with ants crawling on me."

(Single, male Uber driver from N. Carolina) "I've gotten a lot of dates and I've recruited people for work while I drove."

(College student who went to catholic schools her whole life and was not religious) Me: Did you find it uncomfortable at times?" Her: "No, for the most part I just grinned and bear it."

"I liked the names Jennifer and Vanessa, so I named my little girl-Jennessa."

"I build robotic drones for pest control."

Said one eighteen year-old-girl to the other, "don't be a bitch in the car on the way home."

"We picked North Myrtle to live by throwing darts at a map."

"Thank god I wasn't a boy.  My mom wanted to name me Amadeus after the old movie."

(50 year-old male who is a Respiratory Therapist and with his wife(?) was not wearing a mask) "I choose not to wear one, I don't think they work.  The virus is like Tuberculosis and we don't protect ourselves with masks for that. Eventually this will just be a form of the flu."

"When I was younger we would ride our bikes past Trump's Mar-a-Lago before it was his. The security was so old that on top of the gates there was broken glass bottles to keep people out."

"You're the nicest Uber driver I've ever had."(not alcohol induced answer)

"Our cab driver said he has five drivers who won't come back to work, because they are making so much on unemployment."

"Moving here from New York is the best decision we've ever made."

"I was named Tamiracle because I was a miracle baby."

Two servers from Indiana said, "we were fired from our jobs so we could collect unemployment. On top of the unemployment we're getting $600.  We visited Orlando a few weeks ago and we're here in Myrtle Beach this weekend for the first time."

"When I lived in Atlanta I worked only 12 miles away in the city and it took me over two hours to commute each way.  I don't miss it. Today, working from home in South Carolina, I've driven only 8,000 miles in the last six years. My dealership keeps asking when I'm coming in for an oil change."

No comments:

Post a Comment