Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Cups Anyone?

 Some things you really can't call ridiculous, absurd is a better word.  I deliver a lot of different office supplies and some furniture, water and other things.  Many offices will purchase cups from Staples and I deliver them.  I deliver to two hospitals, one in Myrtle Beach and one in Little River, which is north of Myrtle Beach.

I've delivered to the hospital in Myrtle Beach for two years, but I've delivered 0 boxes of cups.  Some other company has the account and they take care of the delivery.  The hospital in Little River goes through thousands of cups a week in many different departments, although I don't deliver to the cafeteria.  Two floors in the hospital receive one to two thousand cups about every ten days.  The most cups I've ever delivered there in one day was 4,000.

The picture below is of 13 boxes with 500 cups in each box for a total of 6,500 cups.  I delivered those cups today.  They pretty much took over my entire van.  My supervisor and I think the employees are taking them home or they are selling them.  It doesn't make any sense that they could use all those cups.

So, if you've never seen 6,500 cups outside of a supermarket shelf, here it is.  How absurd is it that next week I'll probably deliver more cups to them?






No comments:

Post a Comment