Tuesday, October 13, 2020

What's In My Car?

 Having spent a good part of my work life driving in a car or a van, I've always asked myself this question: what is in my car? I'm always taking things out and putting different things in, sometimes on a daily basis.  Over the years, I've also found a lot of unusual things in my car: several old pieces of Roy Rogers chicken in a box, 16 pens I took out(when the car finally died) that fell under my seat or between the spaces in the car, a $20 bill, my wedding ring which literally slipped off my finger and into the inside of the car and also an Uber's passenger's underwear which fell out of her laundry bag when I took her to the laundromat.

However, do you know everything that is in your car right now? I recently purchased a used van to make my courier deliveries and it really takes some time to adjust to how different it is than my other van which is now my Uber van.  The new van has the window controls in the middle of the two front seats instead of on the door and the back-up camera view is on the mirror in the middle of the car instead of on the dashboard like the other one.

Two features in my courier van are the window lip that allows you to keep your window open without rain coming in the car.  I had never heard of this before, maybe a lot of cars have it? The other thing which is pictured below is a slot on the front dashboard, that is made for a clipboard which is very handy.




I am not the most observant person so this should not come as a surprise.  Last week, I was showing an Uber rider some of the neat features in my Uber van. I hit a button by accident and a small mirror dropped down out on the ceiling which lets me see the people in the backseat! I could not believe that I've never seen it! I haven't used it yet, but it makes me wonder: what else is in my Uber Car(190,000 miles) that I haven't seen?

Anything unusual in your car?  

No comments:

Post a Comment