Monday, June 6, 2022

Some Things You Don't Usually See Part 2

 My final Las Vegas post will show you a few unusual things that I liked:

When do you really get to take a picture with a dummy? Of course this wasn't a real dummy and probably was never used as a dummy, but it looks like the dummy in one of The Twilight Zone shows, which is why it was sitting at The Twilight Zone Golf place.  I'm the one on the left with the very white teeth.


The fake Eiffel Tower at night was a spectacular sight.  This is smaller than the real one of course, but it still looked great.


In the lobby of the Mirage Hotel I saw this where you can roll shoes into a handbag, maybe this is common somewhere?

This is very unusual.  In the old section of Las Vegas they put on a a brilliantly colored video display that has 16.4 million pixels and it is 1,375 feet long and 90 feet wide into the sky.  They put this on hourly and it's pretty impressive.


What looks like it is straight out of a science fiction movie, the flying saucer is actually the top part of a large mall on the Las Vegas strip.  I don't think there's anything inside the saucer, but I thought it would have been pretty neat if there were hotel rooms with windows.


Lastly, one of my favorite movies is the movie, "Big", with Tom Hanks.  In one of his earliest films, he goes from a small child to a young adult and it all happens when he makes a wish at a carnival in front of a creepy looking, Zoltar, fortune telling machine.  This machine was perfectly placed at The Twilight Zone Golf place and I did play it and I got a little card from Zoltar and he urged me to "get out of my fog."



No comments:

Post a Comment