Thursday, June 2, 2022

Some Things You Just Don't See Part 1


I have spent very little time in airports in my life.  My airplane trip to Vegas, included a stop in Charlotte and it gave me a chance to observe some things in airports I'm not used to seeing.  I made sure I got to the airport early to leave Myrtle Beach, so it didn't surprise me when I got to the gate and  there was no one there. You can actually see it says Charlotte on the right side, but I was a little concerned when no one was there thirty minutes before boarding.  This is where I was sitting until I found out they moved the gate on me.  It was very quiet and comfortable though and I would have been the first one on the plane too.


Arriving in Charlotte, I had some time so I sat down near a bunch of trees and I mean a lot of trees.  Do they normally have 30-40 trees all together in an airport? It was great for blocking the sun, but I wasn't in any sun.  Here's one of the big trees:


As I looked to my right I saw a refreshment stand set-up with a bunch of airplanes flying above the stand.  I thought they did a nice job decorating it, but I'm just not used to seeing planes inside an airport.


Of course, when you get to Las Vegas you get to see slot machines and there were people playing the slots in the airport, either as they arrived or while they were leaving.

But, you know it's not just airports that display odd things.  My brother and I were in an indoor mall that had a fake sky and we found a bench to sit on.  We sat there for a moment and then he told me that we sat in a very unique place, because of the view we now had of the store window in front of us.  Here it is for you and the second post on this topic will include a few spectacular views.





No comments:

Post a Comment