Thursday, December 1, 2022

My Thanksgiving Dinner Game Plan

Just when you thought Thanksgiving was over, guess what? I'm getting the last word on it.  We had a terrific time up in New Jersey and of course we enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner with our oldest daughter and husband.  But, when it came time for dinner on Thursday, I decided to do something different.

My usual Thanksgiving dinner plan is simple: eat a lot of the good things I enjoy eating and ignore the things I normally don't eat. This year, I decided to eat some things I have never eaten or may have tasted once.  For the main course, here are the two things I ate for the first time.  There was a sweet potato dish which tasted like potatoes that were very sweet.  It was okay, but it's not as good as regular potatoes, mashed potatoes, or french fries. The bacon and string beans tasted unbelievable, but it tasted like bacon with something in it.  I'm not sure I really tasted the beans, all I could taste was bacon and what could be wrong with that. It was terrific.


When it was time for desserts, this was going to be a significant moment.  Take a look at this picture below and I'm sure some of you will be ready to eat...right now.


The pumpkin chiffon pie was very different for me.  I may have tasted pumpkin pie once, but I like to look at pumpkins and not eat them.  The taste was not for my taste, but it was okay. Chocolate cheese cake? Well, I've always said I like chocolate and I like cheese and I like cake, but all together? I imagined something that was very chocolatey (like Cocoa Krispies are now) and a bunch of cheese all mixed in and that didn't sound very good to me. It was pretty good, but it tasted about 90% chocolate and 10% cheese. which is a good thing.  Whipped cream? (No, it was not sour cream) I have that on a Jim Dandy sundae at Friendly's and my mom's old recipe for Lady Fingers, which was an unbelievable jello/cake dessert. I don't really use whipped cream, but I put a little on the two desserts and it was pretty good.  I imagine it's not healthy food.

So, that's the final word on Thanksgiving. What am I going to do for Thanksgiving next year? No promises, but I may blog about it then.



No comments:

Post a Comment