Thursday, December 8, 2022

The Motion Sensor Trash Can

We were away for Thanksgiving and I was sitting in my daughter's kitchen minding my own business when I heard a sound.  I turned around and saw the garbage can pictured below. I thought nothing of it until a couple minutes later, it talked again. Someone had walked by the garbage can and it opened, again.  I stared at it for a little bit and wondered, "Why would anyone want something like that opening and closing all day?

Much to my surprise, one of the big advantages of owning one is that it keeps your hands away from all the germs in your garbage. I can't believe it, germs? In my garbage? I may be traumatized and think of that every time I empty my own garbage. Why are people putting their hands in the garbage after they threw the garbage in the can? I don't know, but my wife probably does. Should I really ask her that question later today?


Later that day, I walked up to the garbage can to throw something in it.  I stood there in front of it and waved my hand like a magic wand and nothing happened.  I did it a few times and it finally worked. I thought to myself, "Is that easier?" All week I had a new challenge-get the garbage in the can quickly, if I can.  There were times I conducted an orchestra in front of the can, with the garbage in my hand. Sooner or later, (It was later) I learned that you have to stand over the garbage can with a menacing scowl and lean toward the can angrily, and the top will open. Once, I even pretended to walk by the garbage can as if I didn't have garbage, but that didn't work.

After awhile, (About four days) you get used to the can opening and closing accidentally, but the smell? Maybe if people throw some nice smelling flowers in the can it would be perfect?






No comments:

Post a Comment