Monday, July 24, 2023

Some Things You Usually Don't See

It seems when I'm away I see unusual things, but maybe these things are always around and I'm too busy to notice them when I'm home? On our trip to and from Colorado, I saw this:


You have to give some credit to Wheeler's creator.  This is a very creative and amusing way to tell people what they need to do.  There should be more signs like this in the world.  For someone who is "naturally funny," what a great business that would be? You could switch the world over to only funny signs. (STOP: IT'S NOT A REQUEST) 


You have probably seen a double rainbow in your life, but it's not very common.  I did not take this picture, but one of my daughter's did take it. It looks like something you would see on television, not that I know much about what is on television.



Let's play a game: you have a convenience store to open at a gas station and you have to come up with a name, where would the name "STINKER" be on your list of names? This store is located in Colorado.  I did not go inside, it didn't seem very inviting to me.  Years ago, when I worked for Auto Trader Magazines, I received a call from a store that wanted to sell our magazines. I needed some information from them, so I asked, "What is the name of your store?" They said, "I can't tell you." I said, "I need the name to set up a delivery to you." I CAN'T TELL YOU how this conversation turned out, but they didn't sell our magazines for very long.  



We were walking in the town of Golden, Colorado and I saw a water fountain.  On the bottom of the fountain was a fountain for dogs.  I've only had a dog for two years, maybe this is a common thing? I walked back to take this picture, because I thought it was a really good idea.


We all have seen the top of a can of coke, although this may be the first picture of the top of a can of coke you've seen.  This is a good way to introduce my next blog about, "Things I did not know." I didn't know about the dog fountain and I had no clue that the top thing on the soda can you open up was designed to put a straw in the little circle.  If I could put a straw there now I would-wait let me use my immense technical skills to show you where.  See above line... Nope, I couldn't put anything to the left of the picture.  

Final explanation: The hole you would drink out of is covered by the top piece that opens the hole. The small circle you can probably put in two straws, one for you and one for me.  I didn't know it was made for that, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment