Tuesday, July 25, 2023

THINGS I LEARNED ON MY COLORADO VACATION

There are some things I learned on vacation that I already forgot about, but, it is the thought that counts and I did learn them, but I did not retain that knowledge.  Below is what I learned:


This was my plate of Japanese curry.  I had never had any kind of curry, but my daughter's boyfriend made it and it was pretty good.  It was a lot like stew which I love and I enjoy rice too which was under the curry.


These two dogs, Loki on the left, (our son's) and Odin on the right, (ours) were not mad at Thor in this picture. They take better pictures than this, but I learned that dogs do not like fireworks.  For several days around July 4th, they were very unhappy and scared.  Hours before the fourth, these two were cuddled up to us on the same bed and were clearly upset every time a firecracker went off.


First off, take a look at the pile of cream cheese on this bagel! "The smear" is spectacular and it's real! What annoys me sometimes when I buy a sub or bagel, it's not cut all the way through.  I learned on the trip that it is done intentionally with bagels so it's easier to put the cream cheese on.


The same guy who cooked curry for me, taught me how to play chess.  My first and last game of chess was in Colorado and it's not a simple game.  Many of the pieces look the same and they all have superpowers to get around the board.  You would think they would just give you a list of the super powers, but noooooo! It was interesting and I think he really enjoyed beating me.

THE DESK TREADMILL: I was looking forward to seeing this.  My daughter told me that she got one for under her desk at home so she could exercise while she worked.  From how she explained it, (clearly her fault), she had this mini treadmill, but when I asked to see it, it turned out to be very large and leans against a wall in her office.  

BUYING GAS WITH A ROOM KEY: If you are wondering, it does not work.  After arriving in Kansas City after driving all day, I ran out from the hotel to get gas. I took my wife's credit card and I had the room key and I was tired.  I arrived at the station and took out the card and it did not work.  I turned it around, upside down, right side in, you name it and it did not work. It was an odd card with no company name on it, but these days nothing surprises me.  I texted my wife and asked her what kind of card it was and asked if there was a magic password.  She figured it out about the same time I did, you can't buy gas with a room key.


No comments:

Post a Comment