Saturday, April 28, 2018

Spending A Lot of Money

I'm not against spending a lot of money, as long as someone else is doing it.  I think my parents were pretty conservative and frugal, so I probably take after them.  Yesterday we wired a full year's salary as a down payment on our new house and I think I'm still twitching a little bit, maybe a lot.

Closing day is Monday and that's when the fun really begins.  Two furniture places are delivering and our our pod that has been storing our stuff  the past four months is also arriving.  In addition of course, is a couple car loads of things we've lugged around from NJ to two hotels and one condo since mid-December.

Now that the money is gone(or in the house), I can continue the daily or weekly battle between the guy whispering in my one year saying, "it's just $5, no big deal" and the other guy whispering in my other ear saying, "it's not worth it, it's $5."  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has the battle going on all the time, but I do know that some people have only one person whispering in their ear.

Living in a tourist area it's probably easier for people to spend money here, so maybe I'll learn how to do that eventually? Maybe one day I'll even walk around each day with more than $20 in my wallet? I wonder how long this process will take?  I think it's going to take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment