Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Food Shopping When You're Hungry

It's a no-it's a big no.  One of the last things you want to do when you're hungry is tempt yourself walking down food aisles.  However, there is but to this:

What if you're not into health food and let's imagine you're taking your mother-in-law to "The Fresh Market" which is like a mini Whole Foods store.  Imagine being hungry and walking past the kale and actual leaves and having to touch it too. Imagine this odd-smelling and odd-shaped forestry that you're putting in bags for your mother-in-law to eat.  It is guaranteed to reduce your appetite quickly.

Unfortunately, there is chicken and deli and somehow "healthy" ice cream in the store too.  Suddenly, your stomach is responding and starting to growl.  But, wait! Your mother-in-law is having so much fun in the store you wind up doing a photo shoot, taking pictures of her grinning from ear to ear with vegetables.  Then she poses with a large loaf of bread and you take the picture with her mouthing, "no", because she will not buy something like that.

Finally, it's the bran cereal that settles down your stomach as you walk down the aisle and cannot recognize anything that looks like cereal.  If I only had a box of Kashi or "Love Grown", it would really make my day.  Years ago when my kids were young we went into a Weiss Food Store in Hershey, PA and laughed at the ridiculous names on the cereal boxes.  My favorite was, "Best Friends."  Can you please pass the milk and the "Best Friends?"  I'm not sure "Love Grown" sounds anymore appetizing.

If you are hungry and have to go food shopping, I do have a solution for you.  I've been craving Chinese food all year.  My wife got sick the last time we had it in NJ and she's not ready to eat it yet. But there's this Chinese Buffet place nearby and it's been haunting me for weeks.  With my wife away one more night I drove over to the buffet place after dropping my mother-in-law off after shopping at "The Fresh Market."

I ate for one hour and got home in time to mow the lawn and walk it all off. It definitely was a yes-yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment