Monday, October 15, 2018

Hitting A Home Run Without Hitting a Ball

Since it is October and the World Series is just around the corner, I thought I would use this analogy and get all my sports related stories done at the same time.

Awhile back I wrote about making deliveries to Ms. D.(the "D" may stand for Davis, Davenport or Duck)  She was the big New England Patriot's fan who told me seriously that the Patriots lost the Super Bowl because they "ate too many fat foods" that day.  The first time I met her I could not make her even chuckle, but she was cracked me up.

I have taunted her with my New York Giant's shirt and hat and I wore my hat into her office last week. Right away, she was laughing at almost anything I said.  I tried to bring in a very large number of boxes on my hand truck and one of her patients was holding the door.  He said to me, "you're really multi-tasking."  I replied, "this is almost as difficult as trying to beat an undefeated football team in the Super Bowl."(which is what the Giants did to the Patriots a few years back)

I thought Ms. D was going to fall on the ground she was laughing so hard.  The patients in the waiting room had no clue what was going on, so I told them.  I addressed my audience- "the first time I came in here she wouldn't laugh at anything and now look at her."  That just got her laughing more and when I asked for her autograph to sign for the delivery, she burst out laughing again.

I felt like bowing as I left the stage, I mean the office.  I can't wait to go back there again.  It was just like hitting a home run.

No comments:

Post a Comment