Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Winning Ticket is Here!!!

When I say here, I don't mean in my hands.  The Mega Millions winning lottery ticket was purchased here in South Carolina.  When I woke up this morning and read that news I can't tell you how excited I was.  I really couldn't care less.  When a woman recently told me she was hoping to win, I  proudly told her that I had never lost.  She figured it out pretty quickly-I've never played the lottery.

I know that millions of dollars goes to education and charities and that is a good cause, but it's just not for me.  The chances of winning anything are extremely low and I can't see throwing out all that money, week after week and month after month.  It's not worth it to me and it doesn't look fun at all either.

Years ago when I worked at THE USA TODAY they were collecting for the office every week to play the lottery.  When I told someone I wasn't interested, she said, "what if we win and you're the only one who didn't play?"  I told her that I'd drive them in a bus to collect their money and I would have no regrets and I'd have a lot of fun driving the bus.  She didn't understand my comment, but I've never played, so there was no chance of me winning.

A couple years in a row when I worked at THE USA TODAY, one of the people who reported to me gave me some scratch offs which was very nice of him to do.  I gave them to my wife who enjoyed playing once in awhile and one year she won $40 or something like that.  I'll never forget going into a convenience store in Staten Island and handing in the card and walking out with money.  I felt like I robbed the place.  I wasn't excited about it at all.

But, that's just me.  There's really nothing wrong with playing the lottery.  Just wanted to let y'all know that the winner is here and it's not me and I won't lose any sleep over it tonight either.

No comments:

Post a Comment