Monday, October 1, 2018

Yes, I Did It Again

Don't worry, I did not pour orange juice into my cereal a third time!  If you missed that riveting story, I poured milk into my cereal without turning the light on since it's usually around 5 am.  I did eat the cereal both times and I can assure you that Cocoa Krispies do not taste as good with a "tangy" taste.  I solved the problem I was having by opening my fridge in the morning and softly chanting, "milk, milk, milk," as I grab the milk.

This mistake I just made is a little more serious and embarrassing.(now you will definitely keep reading)  Last night I decided to run into Publix(our food store) and grab a few things before getting home for a late dinner.  I was hungry and a little tired after "Ubering" all day, but I didn't really "run" into the store.  To be fair, I did not do a "Southern stroll" on a beach as I grabbed a cart and entered the store either.

At that exact moment, nature called and I turned right to use the bathroom.  I placed my cart in front of the bathroom area and looked up and found that there were three doors in front of me, men, family restroom, and women.  I think it was easier when there were only two options.

I didn't hesitate and went into the bathroom.  I did notice there was no urinal, but I figured it was something I really didn't have to have..  As I stood there checking out the tiles on the wall I did recall that I have seen men's bathrooms without urinals from time to time, but one time really stood out in my mind.

Back around twenty years ago when I worked for THE USA TODAY, I was getting up at 2:30 am and frequently found myself exhausted on the ride home in the afternoon.  I knew when to stop and one day I stopped at a Wawa convenience store  in Flemington. I went into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet just to rest my eyes before I threw cold water on my face.  A minute or so later I heard the entrance door to the bathroom door open and I thought I heard a women's voice, but no one came in.  I thought it was odd and threw the water on my face and walked out of the bathroom to see that it was the women's bathroom.  I didn't see the woman who opened the door, but I did exit very quickly.

Back to last night: A thought flashed through my mind, what if this is the women's bathroom? I exited quickly and discovered, yes, I did it again.  Fortunately, it was 8 pm and the store was pretty empty so no one knew what I had just done.  From now on, when I go to use a public restroom I'm going to softly chant to myself, "men, men, men."

No comments:

Post a Comment