Saturday, December 22, 2018

I'm Not Going to See It Snow on Christmas

I've never seen a  poll done on who likes snow and who doesn't, but it's safe to say that I'm one of the few people who really loves snow.  I enjoy driving in snow, shoveling snow and watching the snow fall.  That one sentence would convince many people that I'm out of my mind.  If that wasn't enough, I really did bring a snow shovel to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, just in case I may need it sometime in the future.

I mentioned in another blog that when I was a kid I used to sit in front of a large window where our television was and I would watch the snow fall instead of watching the television.  It was peaceful, beautiful and every flake seemed to be different and the wind would blow the flakes all different directions.  It was fun to see the snow pile up on our patio.

Every year growing up a few days before Christmas I would check the forecast to see if there was a chance of snow.  I remember watching endless television shows and movies where it snowed on Christmas, but I don't recall ever seeing that happen in New Jersey.  I remember rain and some warmer Christmas's, but I don't recall ever seeing snow on Christmas.

I did just check the forecast for Myrtle Beach on Tuesday.  The low will be 36 degrees and the high will be 53 degrees.  It's going to be sunny hear with zero chance of rain.  It's not going to snow here on Tuesday.

To paraphrase a song, "It's going to snow somewhere on Tuesday."  December 25, 2019-maybe it will snow here next year.  I'll be waiting and I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment