Sunday, December 23, 2018

Milking A Laugh To The Very Last Drop

I know I'm guilty of this, but when something is funny I feel we should keep laughing about it as long as possible.  This year I have written three blogs about Ms. D, a customer that I deliver boxes too.  She's the big New England Patriot fan who told me earlier in the year that the Patriots lost the Super Bowl because, "they ate two much greasy food that day."

I promise this will be the last blog I will write about her, but I just had to do one more.  A couple weeks ago the Patriots had a heartbreaking loss on a miraculous play at the end of the game that will be watched for decades to come. My New York Giants won a big game the same week.  Last week the Patriots lost on the last play of the game again. 

Although  my Giants lost, I knew Ms. D would be very upset to say the least.  I thought this would be the perfect time to get her to switch teams and start rooting for the Giants.  A couple days later I resisted running into her office when I delivered nearby, but the next day I couldn't stop myself. 

I grabbed my winter NY Giants hat and burst into her office. Fortunately there were no patients waiting, because they wouldn't have known what was going on.  As soon as she saw me, Ms. D had a big grin on her face and said, "Get out, get out of here."  Laughing I told her that I knew how upset she was about the Patriots last two weeks and this would be a great time to start rooting for the Giants and I told her I would give her my hat.(I knew there was no chance of her taking me up on it, so my hat was not at risk)

"I'll throw that in the garbage," she said.  I was finally able to stop laughing and we talked a few minutes about the games and then I left.  But, I needed to add one more thing and I thought it was perfect. She was going on vacation for two weeks and with Christmas coming, I thought I'd get her a little gift for all the laughs she's given me this year.

I printed up my three blogs about her and put it in an envelope that said, "Merry Christmas from your favorite NY Giant fan."  Friday I went in to give it to her, but she was already on vacation. When she gets back I know she will be laughing.

Just to be sure she'll be laughing I'm printing this one up too.  This should be "good to the last drop" as the old coffee commercial used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment