Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The End is Near

I'm an optimist, so the title of this post is far too negative, or is it?  "The End is Near" is not about what's happening in Washington D.C.(you really don't want to know what I think)  It is about what's happening in Atlanta, Georgia this Saturday, December 15th.

Our youngest child, Marisa,(I hope it's okay to use "real" names if they are your own flesh and blood), is graduating from Georgia Tech University.  She is our third child to graduate from college and she has excelled at least as much as our first two children, Jess and Sean.  WE ARE VERY PROUD OF ALL THREE OF THEM!

Recently I saw some pictures of the three of them when they were young on the first school day of the year and it really brought back memories.  The report cards, the home work, the teacher nights and asking them the question that they loved to hear-what did you do in school today? Frequently they would say nothing, but I'm pretty sure they were doing a lot more than that.

We were fortunate that all three of our kids were self-motivated and wanted to do well in school.  I guess my wife and I should get some credit for some encouragement along the way and I guess the genes came from us too.  But, Saturday is really the last day of school for our family.(although Sean is taking grad school classes)  It's the end of a long, successful journey and it's the beginning of another journey called life, for Marisa.

Marisa is a joy.  Her enthusiasm and energy has inspired many of her fellow students and we are looking forward to enjoying a fun weekend in Atlanta with her celebrating her outstanding college career.  And if you ask me next week, how was your weekend? I'm going to be grinning from ear to ear and I'll tell you how wonderful it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment