Monday, May 13, 2019

Are They Counting Cars?

You're driving along on a road usually at night and you see it, the deer.  The deer is facing the road, just standing there.  It would be easy to say that like the chicken it's waiting to cross the road, but is it doing that? I decided to research it and I Googled the question.  I use Google once or twice a year and I figured this would be a good time.  Unfortunately, I did not get any serious answers. One person said that we're driving through their territory, they are not standing in our territory.

Driving down to Charleston on route 17 Saturday morning, I usually see a deer standing there and then a short distance later I see another deer.  Could they be the same deer each week?What if they really have a purpose? What if they are doing a car census and counting the cars that go by?  You probably wonder like I do, how long is their shift? Could they do it five hours or eight hours and then another deer walks up and tells them he's taking over?  If they've counted 64 cars, do they give that information to anyone?

There are a lot of questions people have each day, some serious and some not so serious.  There are questions that you would really like to get an answer for, but I'm not sure this question is very important.  Are they fascinated by the lights or the sound of the cars? Is it that they don't know how to go backwards? If they want to cross the road, why?

If anyone has the real answer, let me know.  You may not care about this question, but I do.  If I get an answer I'll have one less thing to think about and one less thing to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment