Monday, May 6, 2019

One Year Without Television

I know some people think it's odd that we don't have a television, but we've gotten used to it.  When we came down here 16 months ago we gave our son our television set since it's a tough thing to move 650 miles without problems.  We figured we could get along without it.  We rented a place for four months that had a television and we did watch it.

A year ago we moved into our new house without a television.  We watch some shows online after they were on and that's worked out okay.  We've watched some things on Netflix and Amazon Prime and that's been pretty good too.  Maybe a few times in the past year we would have liked to have a television, but it wasn't a big deal.

When will we get a television for the house?  I don't know.  Can you rent one for a night?  I think I'd like to have a television on election night 2020, but it's still eighteen months away.  It's hard to believe but I think I've watched less television commercials than my Dad. (he avoids looking at them)  He told me tonight he's having trouble finding things to watch.  I am too, but I stopped looking a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment