Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Summer Is Here

The summer is supposed to begin officially on Memorial Day, but that's not the case everywhere.  In Myrtle Beach we've been enjoying summer for a few weeks.  The weather has been in the mid 70's to high 80's all month and this is just the beginning.  We've had very little rain to speak of this month and in the next ten days there's a 5% chance of rain tomorrow, that's all.

Monday is Memorial Day and we are planning to spend all day at the beach, or most of the day at the beach, or it could be just some time on the beach.  Our son and his girlfriend are visiting and I remember exactly what happened the last time we went to the beach with them.  It was July 4th last year and after a few hours on the beach we watched very dark clouds come in from the ocean and absolutely pound us with water as we ran to the car.  It would be awful if that happened again!

I will have a good time on the beach.  I'll be covered in lotion, wearing a hat and shirt and sitting under the umbrella reading a book. I will not get sunburn and I haven't in 17 months in South Carolina. As a kid I would avoid the sun and I would sit under the boardwalk reading a book, but I've changed a lot since then. 

I hope you get to enjoy the official beginning of summer in your own way and avoid getting sunburn.  And, if you get to have some barbecued chicken Monday, eat a piece for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment